DARK TRAIN by Paperash Studio
Based in Prague, Czech Republic
Press / Business Contact:
Dark Train – oppressive sci-fi/industrial 2D adventure made of paperDetails
DARK TRAIN is an oppressive sci-fi/industrial 2D adventure made of paper. Assume the role of mechanical squid ANN 2.35f that is tied to a railroad tamagotchi and deliver the mysterious order for the deceased D. W. Tagrezbung, famous inventor from the Border City.Features
* controls - dynamic, no point-n-click
* narration - strong, non-textual, situational
* atmosphere - dark, oppressive
* exploration - non-casual
* audiovisuals - paper-made
* no hints, no help - solve itStory
Our story follows the journey of the inventor D. W. Tagrezbung and the mysterious contract from unknown client which he received years ago. Even as a child, he created a functional model of the universe and throughout his life drew attention to himself thanks to a number of significant inventions. At an advanced age of his peaceful life he received the last big contract with a very strange assignment. The client requested the creation of a model of the human world that embraces changeable weather and civilization. What he did not want to be part of the model was the human face or even people themselves. The actual challenge was presented by creation of transportation that would be capable of delivering the order. Inhospitable territory stretching between the client and the inventor is for centuries connected only by rail. Therefore D. W. decided to create a self-sufficient train with four wagons where each wagon will contain one familiar environment from his world. Eventually D. W. Tagrezbung devoted the rest of his life to the client's order. The day the train was finally ready to go, the famous inventor died.
Dark Train: Steam Release Trailer YouTube
Making of Dark Train: From Paper to Unity – Rise of the Titan YouTube
Dark Train: Gameplay Footage (uncut version) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Paperash Studio was formed in 2013 by a group of friends who earlier met at studies in the Czech Republic and cooperated on parallel works or short film projects. Now our main goal is to develop video games that offer different experience and gameplay. To achieve this, we combine various types of art and technology such as hand-made illustrations, paper creations, writings and also high-quality audiovisual digital post-production.
- "Dark Train‘s mode of storytelling might be the most shrouded I’ve seen in a while. It’s what gives it an allure as the game slowly sheds a little more light for you on its dark world. – Chris Priestman"
- Dark Train is a mystery made of paper worth unfolding | killscreen.com, https://killscreen.com/articles/dark-train-mystery-made-paper-worth-unfolding/
- "All Aboard! The Mysterious Dark Train... I like unfamiliar games which work in unfamiliar ways. – Alice O'Connor"
- All Aboard! The Mysterious Dark Train | rockpapershotgun.com, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/01/dark-train-trailer/
- "DARK. TRAIN. Control a train. A DARK. TRAIN. And do things inside the carriages or freight it carries. – redaction of Rock, Paper Shotgun"
- PC Games Of 2015: Those Wot Could Conceivably Be Good | rockpapershotgun.com, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/01/best-pc-games-of-2015/9/
- "Really cool project you have going! – @Unity3d twitter"
- Featured game on madewith.unity.com , http://madewith.unity.com/games/dark-train
- "Featured at Unity GDC 2016 Game Showreel – unity3d.com"
- Unity GDC 2016 Game Showreel, https://youtu.be/8lWpnvNxs8k?t=1m8s
- "Surreal sci-fi train journeys involving challenging natural elements can make for some pretty compelling drama. – Jack Allin"
- Dark Train picks up steam for summer 2016 release | adventuregamers.com, http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/29590
- "To be fair, we aren't really sure what we are dealing with... – Avorpal"
- DARK TRAIN : EMBARQUEZ POUR LA LOCOMOTIVE À QUATRE MONDES! | indiemag.fr, https://www.indiemag.fr/articles/dark-train-embarquez-locomotive-quatre-mondes?page=1
- "Dark Train stands out with visions and suggestive atmosphere. – Aleš "Sad" Smutný"
- Preview of Dark Train| games.cz, http://games.tiscali.cz/oznameni/ceska-logicka-hra-dark-train-hyri-napady-a-sugestivni-atmosferou-245313
Team & Repeating Collaborators